Doug's Nuts snack mixes review



Doug's Nuts company began in 2011 by founder Doug Furlong when one night he sat at his workbench moving about heaps of nuts on the glistening surface of his workspace.

He had been playing around with the different flavors and textures of each and he sprang up from his chair and began grabbing unique flavors off of the well stocked shelves like vanilla beans, salt, honey and maple! 

He was on to something but it needed a little something extra to give it that oomph, something with a savory yet deep brown deliciousness to it ! So he then pulled out a bottle of oatmeal stout he then ever so carefully drizzled it on top of the flavor syrup he had created. The pungent aroma tickled his nose and the rest is history Doug's Nuts was born! 

Doug's nuts are a tasty blend of hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans, peanuts, and pumpkin seeds that are carefully roasted with oatmeal stout, sugarcane, honey, sea salt, maple and vanilla ! 

Doug's nut mixes are 

Cholesterol free
Gluten free
All natural 
No Preservatives


Doug's Nuts come in three unique and delicious flavors to choose from! 

I love me a good snack for when I on the go something that's a little salty or even a little sweet with a touch of heat so when I came across the Doug's nuts company online I knew I would love their nut mixes! 

Doug himself provided me with samples of his snacks to try and here is what I was sent! 

Coconut Beach Crunch:

This nut mix has summer written all over it you've got crunchy almonds, toasted coconut flakes and sweet delicious morsels of dark chocolate! This mix hands down was my favorite! I loved this mix from the slight saltiness of the crunchy almonds to the sweetness from the toasted coconut to the creaminess of the dark chocolate it was pure bliss! I was in the mood for something sweet yet salty and crunchy so I sprinkled some of the mix on coconut ice cream! 


Original Blend:

Sweet meets salty in this deliciously nutty blend with hazelnuts, peanuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews and sunflower seeds with an essence of honey and subtle sweetness of vanilla. 

I made a spinach salad for dinner and topped it off with some fresh organic strawberries, dried cranberries, a bit of feta cheese, a drizzle of balsamic and for an added crunch I sprinkled on some nuts! It was sweet, crunchy, flavorful, fruity and delicious! 

Habanero Honey:

If hot wings were a nut this would be it! Habanero honey is a unique blend of peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds perfectly seasoned with a smokin hot and spicy sweet flavor! I thought that this mix would be in words too hot to handle being that I'm not a fan of overly spicy foods but was pleasantly surprised that it offered a salty, sweet and nutty taste with a bit of a kick added to it! I whipped up a chicken salad made with coconut yogurt in place of mayo complete with grapes, cranberries, celery and black pepper served on a bed of mixed greens for dinner and it was fabulous ! 



Disclosure:
The Doug's Nuts company provided me with samples in exchange for review however all opinions expressed here are my own.

If you love all things sweet, salty and a little heat you'll love these deliciously nutty mixes from Doug's nut company ! 

Website:



Twitter:



Facebook:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watermelon Road Dried Fruit Jerky

Onion Crunch Review and Giveaway!

Protein Bakery Review and Giveaway