Holiday Baking with Simplemills and product review!



It all started when founder of Simple Mills Kaitlin Smith created muffin mixes in the comfort of her own home in North Carolina where she felt the need to whip up foods that weren't just simple but delicious and healthy as well.

My passion for baking started a long time ago as a child I remember helping my mom in the kitchen carefully measuring each ingredient , stirring, and spooning onto a cookie sheet or pouring into a bread pan then popping them into the oven to bake.

I would be impatiently watching through the oven just watching the dough rise as sweet buttery aromas filled the house.

I could almost taste them, my mouth salivating with each sniff of the delicious filled air.

My favorite part of all wasn't the licking the batter from the spoon, at the time sure it was but now that I'm older I look back and realize it was those special moments of mother and  daughter time. One day I will get to share those same special moments  with my children.

A classic favorite in my household for the holidays were chocolate chip cookies they were my favorite so fudgey, so moist, a little crunchy, so sweet and so delicious especially with an nice cold glass of milk to chase down the cookies ! 

The chocolate chip cookie is still my all time favorite but what shocked me are the ingredients on most packages and the same for bread mixes as well. Why can't there be a simple mix that contains only a few ingredients and taste just as good?

The baking gods must have been listening and answered my prayers when I came across Simplemills baking mixes!

Simplemills are gluten free baking mixes that require real simple ingredients without any preservatives and don't contain a ton of sugar.

Simplemills mixes are made with real simple ingredients consisting of almond flour, coconut sugar, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, flax meal, sea 
salt and cocoa!  

They are also Paleo friendly, grain free and non GMO !

Simplemills baking mixes include:

Artisan bread
Banana muffin
Chocolate muffin
Pizza dough
Pancake and waffle mix
Vanilla cake mix 
Pumpkin muffin

Simplemills  provided me with BOGO coupons for me to purchase their products so I could whip up delectable holiday recipes and I couldn't wait to try them they sounded so healthy and delicious !


These mixes are so versatile they can be used to make muffins, cupcakes, cakes and even breads ! You can add some chopped nuts, chocolate chips or just bake as is from the directions on the box.


Here are the mixes I baked with 

Artisan bread:
With the artisan mix you can make a number of things with it from garlic dinner rolls, flat bread or sandwich bread, since I've recently made changes in my lifestyle and have ditched grains I chose to make sandwich bread, cant help it I'm a sucker for sandwiches i guess! Let me tell you that  I am so glad I made this because it was phenomenal it was everything a bread should be fluffy, flavorful, a little crumbly and so good! I loved the way it came out it was just right and cut the perfect size slices for a sandwich.

Pumpkin bread:
Pumpkin are one of those aromas that I love from the sweet smell of cinnamon, the nutmeg and cloves making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Pumpkin goes great with anything from chocolate, to nuts even tart cranberries which I tossed in a cup of fresh whole cranberries into the batter and baked it to perfection in the oven. It was moist almost like cake and I loved how the spice of clove, cinnamon and nutmeg really balanced out the tartness from the cranberries.



Holiday Bread with Banana muffin mix :
I  whipped up this wonderful  bread chock full of crunchy  walnuts, juicy cherries, and luscious chocolate chips and it was amazing I see why this bread is a holiday favorite! It's moist, it's sweet, it's crunchy, it's flavorful and it's delicious!

Chocolate Chip Cookies:
What's your favorite kind of cookie? Is it chewy? Is it crispy? This cookie was a little chewy, and a little crunchy, giving a slight sweet and nutty flavor from the coconut oil that I used to incorporate into the mix and the luscious chocolate chips and how they melted in your tongue when you but into this decadent cookie! 

Chocolate Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting:

These cupcakes have Christmas written all over them from their moist chocolate cake to peppermint crunch of candy cane making them bring cheer to our tummies !

Frosting Recipe:

Cream together in electric mixer
 1/3 cup of butter and 3/4 cup of coconut sugar
Add in one cup of cream cheese I used kite hill plain cream cheese
And 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Then mix again

Look at that whipped creamy goodness! 

Now if you'd like you can infuse your cream cheese frosting with a little mint extract to tickle your tastebuds!

Frost and decorate to your hearts content and enjoy!

One things for sure is that Simplemills is a household staple their mixes are so easy to use when baking, they are flavorful, healthy, require only a few ingredients and are equally delicious!

Bake simple with Simplemills this holiday season!


wishing you and your loved ones happy holidays!

Disclosure:
I received no compensation for this post however I was provided with BOGO coupons to facilitate this review for my honest opinion which in fact are my own.

Website:

Facebook:


Twitter:


Pinterest:


Instagram:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watermelon Road Dried Fruit Jerky

Onion Crunch Review and Giveaway!

Honey Bunches Of Oats:Tropical Blends Review and Giveaway